Hartford holds off Fordham 70-62Nov 21, 2009 - 11:59 PM WEST HARTFORD, Conn.(AP) -- Morgan Sabia scored 20 points and three others scored in double figures as Hartford beat Fordham 70-62 on Saturday.
Andres Torres and Joel Barkers each scored 16 points for the Hawks (2-2). Torres, second in the nation in assist-to-turnover ratio, had seven assists and only two turnovers.
Joe Zeglinski had a double-double with 10 points and 12 rebounds for the Hawks.
The Hawks built an eight-point halftime lead and led by at least that much until late in the game, when Fordham closed the gap to 60-57 with less than a minute to play. Torres hit two free throws to push the lead to 62-57 and the Rams (1-3) could get no closer.
Brenton Butler led three Rams in double figures with 24 points. Chris Gaston added 17 points and 10 rebounds, and Jio Fontan had 11 points for the Rams.
- Balanced Fordham defeats Fairleigh Dickinson 85-62 Nov 21
- Fordham hires EKU's Neubauer as coach Mar 30
- Pecora fired at Fordham Mar 18
- No. 14 Notre Dame dismantles Hartford Dec 31
- Hartford seeks upset of No. 14 Notre Dame Dec 30
- Jordan, Harrison lead St. John's past Fordham Dec 14
- Red Storm and Rams meet in MSG Holiday Festival Dec 14
- Williams helps UMass thump Fordham Jan 26
- Rams come calling on 13th-ranked Minutemen Jan 26
- Billikens dominate Rams Jan 18
- Billikens butt heads with Rams in A-10 action Jan 18
- Louisville cruises past Hartford Nov 19