Jackson St. 58, North Texas 68Nov 25, 2009 - 3:59 AM DENTON, Texas (AP) -- Eric Tramiel had 15 points and George Odufuwa added 11 points and 11 rebounds for a double-double as North Texas beat Jackson State 68-58 Tuesday night.
Richard Thomas added 11 points for the Mean Green (3-1).
Garrison Johnson led Jackson State (0-4) with a game-high 19 points and De'Suan Dixon added 13.
Both teams struggled offensively in the first half. North Texas shot 37 percent (10 of 27) from the field, while the Tigers made just 29 percent of their shots (9 of 31) and trailed 38-35 at halftime.
The shooting improved in the second half as the Mean Green shot 52 percent (12 of 23) and Jackson St. hit 43 percent (12 of 28).
- Qualls leads Arkansas over North Texas Nov 29
- Razorbacks hope to continue fast start against Mean Green Nov 28
- Memphis outlasts Jackson State Dec 28
- Jackson State seeks upset of No. 17 Memphis Dec 28
- Brent takes over as new Jackson State coach Mar 25
- Baylor eases past Jackson State Nov 11
- Jackson State battles No. 19 Baylor Nov 11
- McDermott leads Bluejays past North Texas Nov 10
- North Texas pays visit to No. 16 Creighton Nov 9
- Benford named North Texas head coach Apr 25
- WKU wins Sun Belt bid, goes dancing at 15-18 Mar 7
- Hilltoppers and Mean Green collide in Sun Belt title game Mar 6