Missouri State tops Arkansas-Little Rock 75-62Dec 3, 2009 - 4:55 AM LITTLE ROCK, Ark.(AP) -- Michael Porter came off the bench to lead five Missouri State players in double figures as the Bears defeated Arkansas-Little Rock 75-62 Wednesday night.
Caleb Patterson came off the bench and scored 14 points for the Bears (6-0). Adam Leanard added 12 points, and Kyle Weems and Keith Pickens had 10 points each.
Solomon Bozeman and Mike Smith had 12 points each to lead the Trojans (3-5). Bozeman also had five assists and Bozeman grabbed a game-high eight rebounds. Alex Garcia-Mendoza scored 10 points for Arkansas-Little Rock.
After shooting just 38 percent in the first half and trailing 33-22 at the break, the Trojans improved to 48 percent shooting in the second half. But the improvement was no match for the Bears' 62 percent second-half shooting.
- Arkansas-Little Rock hires Beard as men's coach Apr 9
- Arkansas-Little Rock fires men's coach Shields Mar 18
- Tuttle, UNI cruise past Missouri State Feb 15
- Bears face uphill climb in bout with 13th-ranked Panthers Feb 15
- VanVleet posts triple-double; Shockers slam Bears Feb 7
- Shockers play host to Bears in MVC action Feb 7
- No. 14 Wichita State blows past Missouri State Jan 21
- Bears face uphill climb in clash with Shockers Jan 21
- Northern Iowa downs Missouri State Jan 18
- Panthers and Bears meet MVC melee Jan 18
- No. 2 Wichita State rolls into MVC final Mar 8
- Shockers take on Bears in MVC Semifinals Mar 8