Randall, UNC Greensboro blow out Samford 73-40Dec 5, 2009 - 11:00 PM BIRMINGHAM, Ala.(AP) -- Kyle Randall scored 21 points, 13 in the second half when UNC Greensboro pulled away for a 73-40 rout of Samford on Saturday.
The Spartans (2-4, 1-0 Southern Conference) outscored Samford 42-12 in the second half, while the Bulldogs (2-6, 1-1) shot 3-for-22 and had no field goals in the final 11:15.
Brandon Evans added 16 points for UNC Greensboro, while Ben Stywall and Korey Van Dussen each scored 11.
The 33-point victory margin was UNC Greensboro's largest ever against a Division I opponent. The defeat was Samford's most lopsided at the Pete Hanna Center since it opened two seasons ago.
The Bulldogs got 15 points from Brian Friday, 12 of which came in the first half.
Samford led 33-31 after Andy King's 3-pointer with 18:32 remaining. The Spartans scored 29 of the next 35 points over an 11-minute span.
- Samford coach Padgett signs 4-year extension Mar 6
- No. 24 North Carolina drops UNC Greensboro Dec 16
- Tar Heels make short trip to tangle with Spartans Dec 16
- Samford tabs Padgett new head coach Jun 6
- Thomas, Memphis fend off Samford Nov 18
- Samford takes on No. 17 Memphis Nov 17
- No. 2 Louisville feasts on Samford Nov 15
- No. 2 Cardinals set sights on Bulldogs Nov 15
- No. 3 Kentucky handles Samford Dec 20
- Kentucky puts win streak on the line against Samford Dec 20
- Wofford defeats UNC-Greensboro 59-47 Mar 6
- The Citadel tops Samford 55-43 in SoCon tournament Mar 5