Austin Peay beats Eastern Illinois 73-60Dec 6, 2009 - 4:14 AM CLARKESVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Wes Channels scored 20 points and Austin Peay beat Eastern Illinois 73-60 for its third straight win on Saturday night.
The Governors (5-4, 2-0 Ohio Valley Conference) have beaten Eastern Illinois 10 straight times. John Fraley had 13 points and 11 rebounds, and Anthony Campbell added 11 points for the Governors.
Austin Peay coach Dave Loos tied Cal Luther - who coached at Murray State and Tennessee-Martin - for the most wins by an OVC coach with 319.
The Governors led by 10 points at halftime and built their largest lead at 50-34 on a 3-pointer by Channels with 11:40 remaining. The Panthers would get no closer than six points the rest of the way. Channels was 6 of 10 from the field, including 3 of 5 from 3-point range.
The Panthers (4-3, 1-1) were led by Tyler Laser with 14 points. Austin Peay outrebounded the Panthers 33-22.
- Coach Dave Loos returning as Austin Peay coach Apr 5
- Top-seeded Kansas opens tournament play vs. Austin Peay Mar 16
- Groselle, Creighton down Eastern Illinois Nov 26
- Panthers visit Bluejays in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 25
- Memphis cruises past Austin Peay Nov 14
- Tigers finally get underway against Governors Nov 14
- Eastern Illinois names Jay Spoonhour head coach Apr 6
- Eastern Illinois not renewing HC Mike Miller's contract Feb 27
- Murray State routs Austin Peay Feb 11
- Racers seek turnaround against Governors Feb 11
- Murray State stays perfect with win over Eastern Illinois Jan 29
- Panthers come to Murray seeking upset of 11th-ranked Racers Jan 28