Hofstra defeats New Hampshire 75-58Dec 12, 2009 - 11:43 PM HEMPSTEAD, N.Y.(AP) -- Charles Jenkins scored 21 points and Hofstra defeated New Hampshire 75-58 on Saturday.
Cornelius Vines added 16 points on five 3-pointers as the Pride (7-3) shot 66.7 percent from 3-point range (10 of 15). The Wildcats (3-4) made 15.8 percent of their long-range shots (3 of 19), including 0-for-7 in the second half.
Jenkins was 7 of 12 from the field, 3 of 4 from 3-point range and 4-for-4 from the free throw line in the Pride's fourth straight win and 11 straight against New Hampshire.
Chaz Williams had a career-high 10 assists for the Pride.
Hofstra shot 66.7 percent from 3-point range (10 of 15) and the Wildcats made 15.8 percent of their long-range shots (3 of 19).
Alvin Abreu led New Hampshire with 16 points and Tyrone Conley added 11. Dane Diliegro grabbed 11 rebounds for the Wildcats, who won the battle of the boards 31-30.
- Hofstra, Mihalich agree to extension Apr 29
- Hofstra's Nichols to miss rest of season Jan 26
- New Hampshire rolls over Worcester State 100-66 Dec 8
- Hofstra's rise close to being complete Oct 22
- Hofstra coach Mihalich agrees to extension Jun 1
- SMU-Hofstra game postponed Dec 6
- Marquette holds off New Hampshire Nov 22
- Golden Eagles seek redemption in clash with visiting Wildcats Nov 21
- Louisville breezes past Hofstra Nov 12
- Pride come calling on third-ranked Cardinals Nov 12
- Hofstra hires Mihalich Apr 10
- Hofstra fires Cassara Mar 22