Lipscomb beats Oakland City 105-68Dec 13, 2009 - 3:38 AM NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Adnan Hodzic scored 25 points and Lipscomb had a 49-9 second-half run in a 105-68 rout of Oakland City on Saturday night.
Jordan Burgason added 14 points and Brandon Brown had 12 for the Bisons (4-5), who won their second straight game and fourth in the last five tries.
The Bisons trailed by six points early, but edged out a 37-35 lead with less than 5 minutes left in the first half. But a jumper and a layup by Josh Slater sparked a 12-3 run and the Bisons to their first halftime lead of the season at 49-41.
They led the rest of the way, fueled by a 49-9 run starting early in the second that broke open a one-point game.
Lipscomb shot 62.1 percent in the second half (18-for-29) compared to just a 27.3 mark (9-for-33) for the Mighty Oaks.
Josh Maggard and Jared Manners scored 16 points apiece to lead Oakland City (4-4).
- Lipscomb junior guard Williams out for season with torn ACL Dec 15
- Lipscomb beats NAIA Cumberland (Tenn.) 83-53 Dec 10
- No. 9 Texas crushes Lipscomb Dec 17
- Bison battle Longhorns in non-conference fray Dec 16
- Legendary basketball coach Don Meyer dies May 18
- Alexander leaves Stetson to take Lipscomb job May 18
- Sanderson resigns after 14 years at Lipscomb Apr 10
- Murray State routs Lipscomb, moves to 11-0 Dec 15
- No.24 Murray State plays host to Lipscomb Dec 15
- Memphis cruises past Lipscomb Dec 30
- Dunn makes season debut, leads Baylor past Lipscomb Nov 22
- Lipscomb forward Hodzic to enter NBA draft Apr 8