Duquesne knocks off Canisius 86-77 in 2 OTsDec 17, 2009 - 4:02 AM PITTSBURGH(AP) -- B.J. Monteiro scored 27 points and Duquesne pulled away from Canisius in the second overtime for an 86-77 victory on Wednesday night.
Eric Evans scored five points and Monteiro and Bill Clark scored four points each as the Dukes (8-3) outscored Canisius 14-5 in the second OT for their third win in four games.
Canisius (4-5) tied the score at 76 on Frank Turner's jumper with 2:57 left in the second OT, but Duquesne scored 10 of the next 11 points.
Monteiro hit a layup with 6 seconds left in regulation to force overtime.
Clark finished with 17 points and 14 rebounds and Evans had 13 points. Damian Saunders, who is third in the nation with 12.6 rebounds, had 10 points and 11 rebounds.
Turner led Canisius (4-5) with 23 points, running his consecutive double-figure scoring streak to 28 games. Greg Logins and Julius Coles added 15 points each for the Golden Griffins.
- NCAA BB
DUQUESNE 86 FINAL IN 2ND OT
Dec 16 10:27 PM
- NCAA BB
DUQUESNE 33 HALFTIME
Dec 16 8:40 PM
- Canisius coach Baron retires after 29-year career May 20
- Duquesne overcomes poor shooting to beat Robert Morris 72-65 Dec 19
- Ferry gets extension at Duquesne Jun 30
- VCU holds on to down Duquesne Jan 18
- Dukes seek upset of 17th-ranked Rams Jan 17
- Duquesne stuns Saint Louis Feb 28
- Billikens look forward to big night against visiting Dukes Feb 27
- St. Louis sneaks past Duquesne Jan 22
- Dukes seek upset of 19th-ranked Billikens Jan 22
- Clarke and Butler rout Duquesne Feb 19
- No. 15 Butler takes on Duquesne in A-10 affair Feb 19
- No. 22 VCU routs Duquesne Jan 20