Chattanooga defeats Tennessee Temple 84-52Dec 22, 2009 - 3:03 AM CHATTANOOGA, Tenn.(AP) -- DeAntre Jefferson scored 13 points and grabbed nine rebounds to help Chattanooga defeat Tennessee Temple 84-52 on Monday night.
Jefferson led five Mocs in double figures as Ty Patterson scored 12 points, Jeremy Saffore added 11, and Ricky Taylor and Jeff Smith each chipped in 10.
Chattanooga (6-6) use a 12-2 run to break an early 6-6 tie and take an 18-8 lead on two free throws by Chris Early with 9:52 left in the first half.
The Mocs turned the ball over 21 times - their highest total in six games - but shot a season-best 54.5 percent from the field (30 of 55) and outrebounded the Crusaders 43-28.
Chattanooga scored 53 points off the bench, and had 11 players score with nine playing at least 10 minutes.
Tennessee Temple (6-9) shot just 29.5 percent (18 of 61) and had only one player in double figures. Johnnie McLawhorn scored 15 points for the Crusaders.
- Chattanooga selects McCall as new men's hoops coach Apr 12
- Wade leaves Chattanooga to return to VCU Apr 7
- No. 3 Wisconsin trounces Chattanooga Nov 16
- No. 3 Wisconsin entertains Chattanooga Nov 16
- Chattanooga extends Foster through 2018-19 Jun 5
- Adams leads UCLA past Chattanooga Nov 25
- Mocs seek upset of 22nd-ranked Bruins Nov 24
- Chattanooga selects Wade as new men's hoops coach May 13
- Chattanooga tabs Foster as next women's basketball coach May 9
- Chattanooga fires Shulman Mar 21
- Jayhawks use second-half surge to down Mocs Nov 16
- Mocs face tall task in clash with seventh-ranked Jayhawks Nov 15