Arkansas State tops Mississippi Valley State 71-64Dec 23, 2009 - 4:59 AM ITTA BENA, Miss.(AP) -- Daniel Bryant scored 16 points and Arkansas State handed Mississippi Valley State its seventh straight loss 71-64 on Tuesday night.
Martavius Adams added 14 points, Trey Finn scored 13 and Jeremy Thomas 10 for the Red Wolves (5-5), who won for the second time in a row.
The Red Wolves had their best shooting night of the season, making 55.1 percent of their shots (27 for 49). Adams (6 for 6), Thomas (5 for 5) and Rashad Allison (4 for 4) all were perfect from the field.
Arkansas State jumped out to a 17-2 lead in the first half and led 45-35 at halftime. The Red Wolves held the lead throughout the second half and the Delta Devils got as close as 66-62 with 1:51 to play.
Julius Cheeks had a game-high 19 points for the Delta Devils (1-11). Shannon Behling added 13 points and Amos Studivant had 12.
- NCAA BB
ARKANSAS ST 71
MISS VALLEY ST 64 FINAL
Dec 22 10:52 PM
- NCAA BB
ARKANSAS ST 45
MISS VALLEY ST 35 HALFTIME
Dec 22 9:46 PM
- Arkansas State fined, vacates win after apparel violation Apr 13
- Robert Morris hangs on for 67-64 win over MVSU Nov 28
- No. 9 Iowa State crushes Mississippi Valley Dec 31
- Cyclones go in search of two milestone wins Dec 31
- Payne named Mississippi Valley men's basketball coach Jul 11
- Oklahoma State routs MVSU Nov 9
- Cowboys set sights on Delta Devils in season opener Nov 8
- No. 24 Cincy crushes MVSU Nov 14
- Delta Devils set to challenge 24th-ranked Bearcats Nov 13
- WKU rallies from 16 down to beat MVSU Mar 13
- Hilltoppers and Delta Devils open up NCAA Tournament action Mar 13
- Mississippi Valley State wins SWAC title Mar 11