Louisiana Tech beats Texas-Pan American 81-60Dec 23, 2009 - 4:52 AM RUSTON, La.(AP) -- Kyle Gibson and Magnum Rolle scored 16 points apiece, leading Louisiana Tech to an 81-60 win over Texas-Pan American on Tuesday night.
DeAndre Brown added 14 points for the Bulldogs (11-2), whose 11 non-conference wins is their best mark in a season since producing 12 victories in 1989. The Bulldogs have won nine of their last 10.
It was Louisiana Tech's second win against the Broncs this season, as the Bulldogs won their season-opener 80-62 at Texas-Pan American on Nov. 14.
The Bulldogs led by just five points at halftime, but went on a 24-10 run midway through the second half to seal the win. David Jackson scored six of his eight points during the run, hitting a pair of 3s in just over a minute.
Ben Smith and Luis Valera scored 12 points apiece to lead the Broncs (1-12), who have lost seven in a row.
- NCAA BB
TX PAN AMERICAN 60
LOUISIANA TECH 81 FINAL
Dec 22 11:26 PM
- NCAA BB
TX PAN AMERICAN 25
LOUISIANA TECH 30 HALFTIME
Dec 22 10:25 PM
- Tulsa edges Louisiana Tech to win C-USA title Mar 15
- Tulsa takes on Louisiana Tech for C-USA Tournament title Mar 15
- Oklahoma State downs Louisiana Tech Dec 14
- Bulldogs challenge seventh-ranked Cowboys Dec 14
- Hipsher to take over at UT-Pan American Apr 4
- No. 25 Louisiana Tech downs San Jose State for 18th-straight win Mar 3
- No. 25 La Tech downs Utah State for 17th-straight win Feb 28
- New Mexico State claims WAC title Mar 11
- Texas-Pan American suspends five players Jan 21
- Ohio State dominates Texas-Pan American Dec 3
- Broncs face tall task in bout with Buckeyes Dec 3
- Utah State blows out Louisiana Tech Mar 5