James Madison outlasts Fordham 85-73Dec 24, 2009 - 2:42 AM HARRISONBURG, Va.(AP) -- Denzel Bowles recorded a double-double, scoring 24 points and grabbing 13 rebounds, to lead James Madison to an 85-73 win against Fordham on Wednesday night.
Bowles, who was named Colonial Athletic Association player of the week on Monday, has scored in double figures in each of his three games this season. He also dished out four assists and blocked two shots for the Dukes (6-4), who have won six of eight since dropping the first two games of the season.
Julius Wells added 18 points for the Dukes, Darren White had 15 and Ben Louis chipped in 11.
Fordham (2-8) actually led by nine points at halftime, but James Madison opened the second half on a 12-0 run to take a 44-41 lead.
The teams traded the lead back and forth until the Dukes put together a game-deciding, 11-0 run in the final 3 minutes.
Chris Gaston led the Rams with 24 points.
- NCAA BB
JMU 85 FINAL
Dec 23 8:58 PM
- NCAA BB
JMU 32 HALFTIME
Dec 23 7:49 PM
- James Madison hires alum Louis Rowe as men's hoops coach Mar 31
- Matt Brady out at James Madison as men's basketball coach Mar 14
- Balanced Fordham defeats Fairleigh Dickinson 85-62 Nov 21
- Fordham hires EKU's Neubauer as coach Mar 30
- Pecora fired at Fordham Mar 18
- Jordan, Harrison lead St. John's past Fordham Dec 14
- Red Storm and Rams meet in MSG Holiday Festival Dec 14
- Buckeyes beat up on Dukes Nov 28
- Virginia cruises past JMU in opener Nov 15
- Instate foes collide as Cavs take on Dukes Nov 14
- Williams helps UMass thump Fordham Jan 26
- Rams come calling on 13th-ranked Minutemen Jan 26