Kreps guides Illinois-Chicago past Toledo 66-52Dec 30, 2009 - 3:41 AM CHICAGO(AP) -- Robo Kreps scored 20 points to pace Illinois-Chicago to a 66-52 victory over Toledo on Tuesday night.
Kreps also had a team-leading five assists and added five rebounds for the Flames (4-8). Zavion Neely and Brad Birton scored 13 points apiece, and Spencer Stewart grabbed seven rebounds.
Jake Barnett had team-high totals of 14 points and seven rebounds for the Rockets (3-10), who were coming off a 10-day break. Malcolm Griffin scored 11 points.
Neither team shot well. The Flames went 23 of 57 (40.4 percent), and the Rockets were 18 of 56 (32.1 percent). But Illinois-Chicago forced 15 turnovers while committing just six.
The game marked the return to Chicago of Toledo coach Gene Cross, who was an assistant on Jimmy Collins' staff at Illinois-Chicago from 1996-2002. Cross helped the Flames make NCAA tournament appearances in 1998 and 2002.
UIC is 4-1 at home.
- Detroit-area gambler sentenced in Toledo sports bribery Oct 1
- UIC hires McClain as men's basketball coach Mar 23
- Illinois-Chicago fires Moore Mar 10
- Okafor fuels Duke in win over Toledo Dec 30
- Duke gets back to work against Toledo Dec 29
- No. 15 VCU takes down Toledo Nov 18
- Rockets seek upset of 15th-ranked Rams Nov 18
- Western Michigan takes down Toledo to win MAC title Mar 16
- MAC crown to be decided, as Rockets challenge Broncos Mar 15
- Toledo G Drummond suspended Feb 10
- Kansas fends off feisty Toledo Dec 31
- Jayhawks play host to undefeated Rockets Dec 30