Hassan scores 23, Sacred Heart beats Brown 83-78Dec 31, 2009 - 2:46 AM FAIRFIELD, Conn.(AP) -- Corey Hassan scored 23 points and Chauncey Hardy hit a pair of big 3-pointers as Sacred Heart rallied for an 83-78 victory over Brown on Wednesday night.
Hardy scored from behind the arc with 6:25 remaining to give the Pioneers (8-4) their first lead, 67-65, since the 7:52 mark of the first half. Another 3-pointer by Hardy, who finished with 14 points, gave Sacred Heart a 73-69 lead with 3:30 to play.
The Bears (5-8), who led 35-33 at the half and by as many as seven points in the second half, got a pair of layups from Matt Mullery for a tie at 73 with 2:56 left. Mullery scored eight of his career-high 31 points in the final 4 minutes and also had eight rebounds and six assists.
A free throw by Liam Potter put Sacred Heart back in the lead, 74-73, before a 3-pointer and a pair of free throws by Jerrell Thompson gave the Cougars a 79-73 margin with 54 seconds left.
- NCAA BB
SACRED HEART 83 FINAL
Dec 30 8:46 PM
- NCAA BB
SACRED HEART 33 HALFTIME
Dec 30 7:44 PM
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Apr 21
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Sacred Heart 73-63 Feb 25
- Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown back for No. 10 SMU Jan 11
- Larry Brown not on No. 15 SMU bench after halftime Jan 10
- Sacred Heart rallies to beat Robert Morris 69-65 Jan 2
- SMU's Brown set for return after 9-game NCAA suspension Dec 21
- SMU opener marks start of Larry Brown's NCAA suspension Nov 12
- Auburn freshman guard Bryce Brown suspended for opener Nov 12
- Cal freshmen stars Brown, Rabb focused on school first Oct 29
- Top recruit Jaylen Brown picks Cal May 1
- Holy Carmody! Crusaders name their coach Mar 19
- Holy Cross fires Brown after 5 seasons Mar 6