William & Mary upsets Maryland 83-77Dec 31, 2009 - 3:48 AM By DAVID GINSBURG AP Sports Writer
COLLEGE PARK, Md.(AP) -- William & Mary claimed another Atlantic Coast Conference victim Wednesday night, defeating Maryland 83-77 to extend its winning streak to nine games and hand the Terrapins their first home loss of the season.
Sophomore Quinn McDowell scored a career-high 28 points and Danny Sumner added 17 for the Tribe (9-2), who beat Wake Forest in November. It's the first time in school history that William & Mary has defeated two ACC foes on the road in the same season.
Off to its best start since 1977, the Tribe has also beaten Richmond and Colonial Athletic Association rival Virginia Commonwealth. The nine-game winning streak is second-longest in school history behind a 10-game run in 1930.
Greivis Vasquez scored 26 - his fourth straight game with at least 20 - and Landon Milbourne had 19 for Maryland (8-4), now 6-1 at home.
- NCAA BB
WILLIAM & MARY 83
MARYLAND 77 FINAL
Dec 30 9:34 PM
- NCAA BB
WILLIAM & MARY 39
MARYLAND 30 HALFTIME
Dec 30 8:19 PM
- Maryland's Stone to sign agent, Trimble declares for draft Apr 11
- Maryland junior Robert Carter enters name in NBA draft Apr 7
- Maryland's late-season fade leads into offseason of change Mar 25
- No. 5 Maryland outworked by top-seeded Kansas in Sweet 16 Mar 25
- Top-seeded Kansas expects battle from No. 5 Maryland Mar 24
- Maryland assumes underdog role against top-seeded Kansas Mar 22
- No. 13 seed Hawaii to play 4th-seeded Maryland Mar 19
- Jackrabbits seek 1st NCAA Tournament win Mar 17
- Fifth-seed Maryland enters NCAA Tournament lacking momentum Mar 15
- No. 14 Maryland stumbling toward the finish in Big Ten Mar 2
- Trimble and No. 10 Maryland hope 6-day break is beneficial Feb 26
- Maryland center Diamond Stone suspended 1 game by coach Feb 15