Central Michigan defeats Alcorn State 68-64Dec 31, 2009 - 6:00 AM LORMAN, Miss.(AP) -- Marko Spica had 21 points to lead Central Michigan to a 68-64 victory over Alcorn State on Wednesday night.
The Chippewas (5-7) won for the first time in three games.
Alcorn State (0-13) has lost 17 consecutive games, dating to an 89-79 win over Alabama A&M on Feb. 21.
Jordan Bitzer added 16 points and Robbie Harman scored 12 for Central Michigan.
Jonathan Boyd scored 15 points to lead Alcorn State.
Central Michigan led by as many as 15 points in the first half, but Alcorn State cut the lead to 37-36 at the break.
The Chippewas' largest lead was six points in the second half.
Central Michigan was 5-for-9 from the 3-point line (55.6 percent) in the game.
- NCAA BB
CENTRL MICHIGAN 68
ALCORN ST 64 FINAL
Dec 30 10:15 PM
- NCAA BB
CENTRL MICHIGAN 37
ALCORN ST 36 HALFTIME
Dec 30 9:04 PM
- Buffalo downs Central Michigan for MAC title Mar 14
- Bulls lock horns with Chippewas in MAC title Mar 14
- Taylor leads Texas rout of Alcorn State Nov 17
- Braves face tall task in clash with 10th-ranked Longhorns Nov 16
- No. 2 Michigan holds off Central Michigan Dec 29
- Fair helps No. 9 Syracuse top Alcorn State Dec 29
- Orange battle Braves in Gotham Classic action Dec 29
- Wolverines hope to avoid upset in clash with Chippewas Dec 29
- Pressey, Missouri rout Alcorn State Nov 14
- No. 14 Tigers set to pounce on Braves Nov 13
- Keno Davis lands at Central Michigan Apr 3
- Central Michigan fires head coach Ernie Zeigler Mar 14