Oakland of Michigan tops Western Illinois 75-63Dec 31, 2009 - 8:59 PM ROCHESTER, Mich.(AP) -- Keith Benson scored 20 points and Johnathon Jones added 17 to lead Oakland of Michigan past Western Illinois 75-63 on Thursday.
Derick Nelson and Larry Wright added 12 points each for the Golden Grizzlies (8-7, 2-0 Summit).
Ceola Clark scored 16 points to lead the Leathernecks (5-7, 0-3). James Granstra had 14 points and eight rebounds, and David Nurse added 10 points.
The Leathernecks' 48.9 percent shooting was stronger than Oakland's 39.1 percent, and their 40 rebounds topped Oakland's 35. But Western Illinois committed 19 turnovers, which Oakland converted for 19 points.
The Grizzlies committed just three miscues for no Leatherneck points.
- Oakland University agrees to 3-year, $864K deal with Kampe Apr 11
- Oakland U's Kay Felder hires agent, will stay in draft Apr 8
- Oakland's Felder declares for draft, has not hired agent Apr 5
- Oakland beats Robert Morris 92-74 behind Hooper Dec 5
- Wells helps No. 15 Maryland beat Oakland Dec 27
- Terps close out non-conference slate against Grizzlies Dec 27
- No. 3 Arizona routs Oakland Dec 17
- Oakland hits road seeking upset of No. 3 Arizona Dec 16
- Niang guides Iowa State over Oakland Nov 15
- Oakland pays visit to No. 14 Iowa State Nov 14
- Oakland's Bader sets NCAA 3-point mark Feb 2
- Michigan State holds off Oakland Dec 15