Georgia State defeats Towson 70-61Jan 3, 2010 - 1:36 AM ATLANTA(AP) -- Trey Hampton scored a career-high 22 points to lead Georgia State to a 70-61 win over Towson on Saturday night.
Hampton shot 9-for-10 from the field to lead the Panthers (8-6, 2-0 Colonial Athletic Conference), who have now won three straight. Trae Goldston scored 18 points, Joe Dukes 13, and Xavier Hansbro 10. Dukes also added 10 rebounds and seven assists.
A 3-pointer from Towson's Josh Thornton cut the Panthers' lead to 60-59 with 2:28 remaining, but Georgia State went on a 6-0 run to take a 66-59 lead with 34 seconds left.
Thornton nailed four 3-pointers and finished with 14 points to lead Towson (3-8, 0-2). Robert Nwankwo added six points, eight rebounds and a career-high seven blocks. The Tigers have now lost three in a row.
The game was the third of four straight home contests for Georgia State. The Panthers are 5-0 at home thus far this season.
- Georgia State's R.J. Hunter to enter NBA Draft Mar 30
- Xavier downs Georgia State, reaches Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Panthers seek another upset in clash with Musketeers Mar 21
- Georgia State upsets Baylor on Hunter's 3 Mar 19
- Bears and Panthers clash in West Regional Mar 19
- Georgia State coach injured in celebration Mar 15
- Georgia State makes NCAAs for 1st time since 2001 Mar 15
- Georgia pride and Sun Belt title up for grabs Mar 15
- Georgia State's Thomas declared ineligible Dec 8
- Morris, No. 14 Iowa State rout Georgia State Nov 17
- Cyclones host Panthers in CBE Hall of Fame Classic Nov 17
- Ware cleared to play at Georgia State Jun 19