William & Mary edges Hofstra 48-47 for 10th winJan 3, 2010 - 12:20 AM HEMPSTEAD, N.Y.(AP) -- David Schneider scored 12 points and Kendrix Brown's three-point play with 17 seconds left gave William & Mary a 48-47 win over Hofstra on Saturday, tying a 70-year-old school winning streak with the Tribe's 10th straight win.
William & Mary (10-2, 2-0 Colonial Athletic Association), which had its lowest output of the season by 14 points, did not take the lead until Brown scored his only points of the game.
The Tribe, who shocked Maryland 83-77 on Wednesday, trailed 9-0 early and 20-13 with 6:22 left in the first half. An 8-3 run pulled William & Mary within 23-21 at halftime.
Hofstra (8-6, 1-1) hit a pair of 3-pointers to start the second half.
William & Mary tied the game three times in the final 7:27. The Pride had their last lead at 47-45 with 34 seconds left.
Nathaniel Lester led Hofstra with 14 points and 10 rebounds and Charles Jenkins added 12 points.
- NCAA BB
WILLIAM & MARY 48
HOFSTRA 47 FINAL
Jan 2 6:07 PM
- NCAA BB
WILLIAM & MARY 21
HOFSTRA 23 HALFTIME
Jan 2 4:51 PM
- Hofstra, Mihalich agree to extension Apr 29
- Hofstra's Nichols to miss rest of season Jan 26
- Hofstra's rise close to being complete Oct 22
- Hofstra coach Mihalich agrees to extension Jun 1
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- Tokoto, No. 19 UNC drop William & Mary Dec 30
- New-look Gators pound William & Mary Nov 15
- Tribe visit seventh-ranked Gators to tip off season Nov 14
- Delaware edges William & Mary for CAA title Mar 11
- Tribe and Hens square off in CAA title tilt Mar 10
- SMU-Hofstra game postponed Dec 6