Eastern Illinois tips Jacksonville State 50-48Jan 3, 2010 - 2:51 AM CHARLESTON, Ill.(AP) -- Jeremy Granger scored 18 points, including nine Eastern Illinois points in a row at one point, in a 50-48 victory over Jacksonville State on Saturday night.
James Hollowell scored 10 and Ousmane Cisse grabbed a game-high 13 rebounds for the Panthers (8-5, 2-1 Ohio Valley).
Nick Murphy led the Gamecocks (5-7, 1-1) with 12 points. Jay-R Strowbridge had 11 and Stephen Hall 10.
Both teams shot poorly. Eastern Illinois was 19 of 53 (35.8 percent) and Jacksonville State even colder at 18 of 62 (29.0 percent).
Jacksonville State led 27-20 at halftime, but a 7-minute drought to start the second half proved costly as Granger ran off nine straight Eastern points for a 31-29 lead.
The lead changed hands three times in the final 5 minutes, but a 3-pointer by Tyler Laser with 2:25 left gave the Panthers a four-point edge, and they held on.
- NCAA BB
JACKSONVILLE ST 48
EASTRN ILLINOIS 50 FINAL
Jan 2 9:07 PM
- NCAA BB
JACKSONVILLE ST 27
EASTRN ILLINOIS 20 HALFTIME
Jan 2 7:55 PM
- Jacksonville State's James Green out as basketball coach Mar 16
- Groselle, Creighton down Eastern Illinois Nov 26
- Panthers visit Bluejays in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 25
- Louisville crushes Jacksonville St. in home opener Nov 17
- Louisville hosts Jacksonville State in Gobal Sports Showcase Nov 17
- No. 18 UNLV downs Jacksonville State Nov 18
- Rebels play host to Gamecocks in Global Sports Classic Nov 17
- Eastern Illinois names Jay Spoonhour head coach Apr 6
- Eastern Illinois not renewing HC Mike Miller's contract Feb 27
- Murray State stays perfect with win over Eastern Illinois Jan 29
- Panthers come to Murray seeking upset of 11th-ranked Racers Jan 28
- Murray State keeps rolling with easy win over Jacksonville State Jan 13