Hamilton leads Loyola Marymount to 81-73 winJan 4, 2010 - 2:08 AM BAKERSFIELD, Calif.(AP) -- Ashley Hamilton scored a career-best 19 points, LaRon Armstead added 18 and Vernon Teel had 17 as Loyola Marymount surged past Cal State Bakersfield in the second half for an 81-73 victory Sunday.
The Lions (9-7) have won six straight, their longest streak since the 1995-96 season, and three straight on the road for the first time since winning their final road game in 1994-95 and the first two in 1995-96.
Santwon Latunde led the Roadrunners (2-11) with 20 points and 21 rebounds.
Teel finished one rebound and one assist shy of a triple-double, and Hamilton came within one rebound of a double-double.
The game was tied 40-40 at halftime. Loyola Marymount opened the second half on a 10-3 run and led the rest of the way. The Lions extended their advantage to as many as 14 and didn't allow Cal State Bakersfield to get closer than five.
- No. 3 Gonzaga blows past Loyola Marymount Feb 13
- Lions face tall task in clash with third-ranked Bulldogs Feb 12
- Balanced Zags beat LMU Jan 18
- First vs. worst in the WCC, as Zags visit Lions Jan 17
- Wichita State has no problem with Loyola Marymount Dec 23
- Lions and Shockers meet in Diamond Head Classic Dec 22
- No. 16 SDSU beats Bakersfield 51-27 Nov 21
- 16th-ranked Aztecs take on Roadrunners Nov 20
- Dunlap returns to Loyola Marymount Mar 13
- Loyola Marymount, Good part ways Mar 12
- Two LMU players out indefinitely following car crash Oct 25
- No. 1 Gonzaga downs LMU in WCC semis Mar 10