McMurry 58, Texas-San Antonio 84Jan 4, 2010 - 2:46 AM SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- Melvin Johnson III scored 20 points and Terry Fields added 16 as UTSA cruised past Division III McMurry 84-58 Sunday night.
Johnson's and Fields' point totals were both career highs. Omar Johnson had 12 points for the Roadrunners (10-3), who are off to their best start since the 2001-02 season.
Jeremie Hart scored 14 points to lead McMurry (7-3).
UTSA led 35-27 at halftime before quickly taking control with 13 unanswered points to start the second half. Omar Johnson hit a 3-pointer 21 seconds into the half to spark the run and capped it with a layup with 16:54 to play for a 48-27 advantage.
The game was competitive in the first half and featured 12 lead changes and two ties. McMurry led 26-25 with 3:21 remaining before UTSA closed the half on a 10-1 run.
- Oklahoma assistant Steve Henson hired as UTSA head coach Apr 1
- Texas-San Antonio fires basketball coach Brooks Thompson Mar 10
- Elmore scores 23 with 7 treys as Marshall beats UTSA 109-91 Feb 6
- Loyola of Chicago pulls away from UTSA in 76-64 win Nov 14
- UTSA extends Thompson through 2016-17 Jul 26
- Ohio State cruises in NCAA tourney opener Mar 18
- Johnson scores 29, leads UTSA to 1st NCAA tourney win Mar 16
- Texas-San Antonio captures Southland title Mar 12
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi knocks out UTSA 78-66 Mar 10
- Fields's shot in final minute gives UTSA 65-63 win Mar 6
- Johnson's 29 points lead Texas State to 83-76 win Mar 3
- UTSA defeats Lamar 76-74 for 5th win in a row Feb 27