Pearson lifts Georgia Mason over Hofstra 67-63Jan 5, 2010 - 2:43 AM FAIRFAX, Va.(AP) -- Ryan Pearson scored 16 of his 17 points in the second half to lead George Mason to a 67-63 victory over Hofstra on Monday night.
Pearson's jumper gave the Patriots (8-6, 3-0 Colonial Athletic Association) a 61-57 lead and his two free throws with 5.5 seconds left made it 65-61.
Freshman guard Chaz Williams scored a career-high 20 points on 8-for-9 shooting, including 3-for-3 from long range, and Halil Kanacevic added 16 points and 12 rebounds for Hofstra (8-7, 1-2).
Andre Cornelius (13), Cam Long (12) and Luke Hancock (11) scored in double figures for the Patriots, who won their 13th consecutive conference game at home, where they have won 20 of their past 21 CAA games.
Cornelius' 3-pointer with 3:23 left gave the Patriots the lead for good at 55-53.
Hancock sparked Mason early in the second half with a three-point play followed by a backcourt steal and dunk.
- NCAA BB
GEORGE MASON 67 FINAL
Jan 4 9:06 PM
- NCAA BB
GEORGE MASON 23 HALFTIME
Jan 4 7:53 PM
- Hofstra, Mihalich agree to extension Apr 29
- Hofstra's Nichols to miss rest of season Jan 26
- George Mason senior Patrick Holloway suspended for 6 games Nov 10
- Hofstra's rise close to being complete Oct 22
- Hofstra coach Mihalich agrees to extension Jun 1
- George Mason hires Bucknell's Paulsen as coach Mar 30
- George Mason dismisses Paul Hewitt Mar 16
- Short-handed VCU handles George Mason Feb 5
- George Mason entertains No. 18 Virginia Commonwealth Feb 4
- Oklahoma downs George Mason Dec 31
- 18th-ranked Sooners play host to Patriots Dec 31
- No. 10 St. Louis holds off pesky George Mason in OT Feb 20