San Jose State beats Idaho 78-75 in WAC openerJan 5, 2010 - 5:31 AM SAN JOSE, Calif.(AP) -- C. J. Webster scored a season-high 21 points and had 11 rebounds while Adrian Oliver added 22 points and made a key 3-pointer with 34 seconds remaining to help lead San Jose State to a 78-75 win over Idaho Monday night.
Chris Oakes matched his season high with 18 points in only his second game back for San Jose State after sitting out most of December due to questions about his eligibility.
The Spartans (8-5, 1-0) won their Western Athletic Conference opener for only the second time in 14 years.
Mac Hopson had 19 points, eight rebounds and seven assists for Idaho (8-5, 1-1). The Vandals led by six early in the second half but went through a six-minute offensive slump and lost for the second time in four games.
- Correction: New Mexico-San Jose St story Jan 25
- New Mexico State wins 3rd straight WAC title Mar 16
- Vandals and Aggies to decide WAC Tournament champion Mar 15
- No. 13 San Diego State dominates San Jose State Feb 26
- Aztecs tangle with Spartans in MWC affair Feb 25
- No. 7 SDSU routs San Jose State Jan 23
- Aztecs and Spartans mix it up in Mountain West melee Jan 22
- San Jose State hires Dave Wojcik as basketball coach Mar 29
- San Jose State fires men's hoops coach Mar 13
- No. 25 Louisiana Tech downs San Jose State for 18th-straight win Mar 3
- Spartans seek upset of 25th-ranked Bulldogs Mar 2
- Withey's exploits allow Kansas to hold off San Jose State Nov 27