Liberty pulls away from Presbyterian 77-67Jan 8, 2010 - 2:54 AM CLINTON, S.C.(AP) -- Kyle Ohman tied his season high with 23 points and Evan Gordon scored 22 to lead Liberty to a 77-67 victory over Presbyterian on Thursday night.
The Flames (8-8, 3-1 Big South Conference) handed the Blue Hose (2-15, 0-5) their 10th straight loss.
Presbyterian shot 55.8 percent from the field (29-for-52), including 6-for-14 from 3-point range, while Liberty shot 55.1 percent (27-for-49), 9-for-20 from long range.
The Flames had the advantage at the foul line, hitting 14-for-17 while the Blue Hose were just 3-for-9.
Liberty led by 11 in the first half before Presbyterian cut it to one. The Flames built a 41-32 halftime lead and the Blue Hose could get no closer than eight in the second half.
Chase Holmes led Presbyterian with 19 points and Travis Smith had a career-high 18 points while grabbing six rebounds. Khalid Mutakabbir chipped in 12 points.
- NCAA BB
PRESBYTERIAN 67 FINAL
Jan 7 8:53 PM
- NCAA BB
PRESBYTERIAN 32 HALFTIME
Jan 7 7:46 PM
- Murray free throws allow Presbyterian to top Piedmont, 69-65 Dec 19
- Kemrite's 3-pointers help Liberty top Summit 90-49 Nov 14
- Okafor makes NCAA debut, Duke routs Presbyterian Nov 15
- Blue Devils take on Blue Hose is season debut Nov 14
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19
- NCAA Tournament gets underway as Aggies take on Flames Mar 19
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10
- Buccaneers and Flames battle for Big South crown Mar 10
- McDermott, No. 15 Creighton pummel Presbyterian Nov 18
- Blue Hose face uphill climb in clash with 15h-ranked Bluejays Nov 18
- Late trey lifts Presbyterian to upset win over No. 20 Cincinnati Nov 19
- Blue Hose face tall task in clash with 20th-ranked Bearcats Nov 19