Samford defeats Tennessee-Temple 62-52Jan 9, 2010 - 3:35 AM BIRMINGHAM, Ala.(AP) -- Bryan Friday scored 19 points and Samford defeated Tennessee-Temple 62-52 in its final non-conference game of the season on Friday night.
The Bulldogs (7-8) scored 32 points in the paint along with 24 points off of 20 Crusaders' turnovers.
Tennessee-Temple (6-10) pulled within 54-48 on a 3-pointer by Vic Taylor with 54 seconds left. But Samford answered with five straight points, including four by Josh Davis. Friday's free throw gave the Bulldogs a 59-48 lead with 16 seconds left.
The Bulldogs have made at least 10 3-pointers in each of their last three games, but were just 1 of 19 (5.3 percent) against the Crusaders.
Davis finished with 16 points and Trey Montgomery added 11 as Samford improved to 6-0 against Tennessee-Temple.
Vic Taylor scored 12 points off the bench and Uros Komadinic chipped in 11 for the Crusaders.
- Samford coach Padgett signs 4-year extension Mar 6
- Samford tabs Padgett new head coach Jun 6
- Thomas, Memphis fend off Samford Nov 18
- Samford takes on No. 17 Memphis Nov 17
- No. 2 Louisville feasts on Samford Nov 15
- No. 2 Cardinals set sights on Bulldogs Nov 15
- No. 3 Kentucky handles Samford Dec 20
- Kentucky puts win streak on the line against Samford Dec 20
- The Citadel tops Samford 55-43 in SoCon tournament Mar 5
- Appalachian State defeats Samford 82-68 Feb 27
- Western Carolina defeats Samford 61-44 Feb 25
- Georgia Southern defeats Samford 83-77 Feb 22