Feldeine boosts Quinnipiac over Wagner 78-66Jan 9, 2010 - 11:39 PM HAMDEN, Conn.(AP) -- James Feldeine scored 20 points and Justin Rutty reached a rebounding milestone as Quinnipiac defeated Wagner 78-66 on Saturday.
Rutty's 11 rebounds made him the leading career rebounder for the Bobcats (8-6, 3-1 Northeast Conference) since they began Division I play in the 1998-99 season. Rutty, a 6-foot-7 junior, has 590, surpassing Bill Romano's 580.
The Seahawks (2-15, 0-4) rallied from a 30-18 deficit to lead 38-35 at halftime, but two jumpers by Feldeine put Quinnipiac ahead 39-38.
A fast-break jumper by Chris Martin drew Wagner within 44-42 with 15:05 left, but Quinnipiac went on a 15-3 run to lead 59-45 at the 10:07 mark.
Sophomore James Johnson tied his career-high with 17 points, 13 in the first half, for Quinnipiac.
Michael Orock led Wagner with 17 points and seven rebounds, while Martin had 14 points and Tyler Murray 13 points and nine assists.
- Top-seeded Wagner tops Robert Morris 59-50 in NEC tourney Mar 2
- Wagner beats Robert Morris 62-54 behind Carey Feb 27
- Wagner edges Robert Morris 72-69 Jan 4
- Iona-Quinnipiac hoops game postponed Jan 2
- Napier, UConn down Quinnipiac in 2-OT Nov 19
- No. 8 Syracuse downs Wagner in home opener Nov 18
- Huskies and Bobcats meet in Paradise Jam semifinals Nov 18
- Wagner takes on No. 8 Syracuse Nov 18
- Quinnipiac extends Moore through 2016-17 season Jul 11
- Bashir Mason takes over Wagner hoops Mar 26
- Hurley leaving Wagner for Rhode Island Mar 20
- Report: Hurley leaving Wagner for Rhode Island Mar 20