Siena defeats Canisius 82-70Jan 12, 2010 - 3:01 AM ALBANY, N.Y.(AP) -- Edwin Ubiles scored 22 points to lead Siena to an 82-70 win over Canisius on Monday night.
Ubiles, who was named the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Player of the Week, shot 10-for-18 from the field for the Saints (13-4, 6-0 MAAC). Ryan Rossiter added 15 points and 14 rebounds, while Ronald Moore contributed 14 points and 11 assists for Canisius.
Frank Turner finished with 23 points for the Golden Griffins (8-9, 3-3). Rishawn Johnson chipped in with 13 points.
A free throw from Turner cut Siena's lead to 68-60 with 8:54 remaining in the game. But Canisius would only score two points over the next 5 minutes, and Siena went on a 10-2 run to take a 78-62 lead with 4:41 left.
The Saints, who have now won seven in a row, shot 49.2 percent from the field (32-for-65).
Sinea was outrebounded 36-34 in the contest, but made 10 of 19 3-point shot attempts (52.6 percent).
- Canisius coach Baron retires after 29-year career May 20
- Siena's Ogunyemi won't have to sit out after transfers Oct 30
- Siena extends Patsos' contract Jun 18
- Siena downs Fresno State in CBI final Apr 5
- Bulldogs and Saints meet in CBI rubber match Apr 5
- Fresno State routs Siena, ties CBI Apr 2
- Siena seeks CBI crown in showdown with Fresno State Apr 2
- Saints and Bulldogs square off in CBI title series Mar 31
- Memphis rolls to win over Siena Nov 29
- Siena faces tall task in clash with No. 21 Memphis Nov 28
- Siena hires Patsos as new head coach Apr 3
- Siena fires coach Buonaguro Mar 12