George Mason defeats Georgia State 52-49Jan 14, 2010 - 2:40 AM FAIRFAX, Va.(AP) -- Cam Long and Andrew Cornelius scored 14 points apiece to lead George Mason to a 52-49 win over Georgia State on Wednesday night.
Ryan Pearson hit two free throws with 10 seconds remaining to put the Patriots (10-7, 5-1 Colonial Athletic Association) up 51-49, then 7 seconds later, Long converted on 1 of 2 attempts from the foul line to provide the final margin.
The Panthers (8-10, 2-4), despite out-shooting and outrebounding George Mason and leading for much of the second half, saw a potential game-tying 3-pointer by Joe Dukes rim out at the buzzer.
Georgia State was paced by Dukes with 14 points, while Xavier Hansbro, whose 3-pointer with 30 seconds to play had tied the game at 49, finished with 12.
The win was George Mason's 15th straight at home against a conference opponent.
- George Mason senior Patrick Holloway suspended for 6 games Nov 10
- George Mason hires Bucknell's Paulsen as coach Mar 30
- Georgia State's R.J. Hunter to enter NBA Draft Mar 30
- Xavier downs Georgia State, reaches Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Panthers seek another upset in clash with Musketeers Mar 21
- Georgia State upsets Baylor on Hunter's 3 Mar 19
- Bears and Panthers clash in West Regional Mar 19
- George Mason dismisses Paul Hewitt Mar 16
- Georgia State coach injured in celebration Mar 15
- Georgia State makes NCAAs for 1st time since 2001 Mar 15
- Georgia pride and Sun Belt title up for grabs Mar 15
- Short-handed VCU handles George Mason Feb 5