Clark, Western Illinois turn back Centenary 70-51Jan 15, 2010 - 2:57 AM MACOMB, Ill.(AP) -- Ceola Clark made every shot he took, scoring 17 points to pace Western Illinois to its first Summit League victory with a 70-51 decision over Centenary on Thursday night.
Clark went 7-for-7, including 3-for-3 on 3-point attempts, for the Leathernecks (7-9, 1-5 Summit). Clark also had game-high totals of six steals and five assists.
David Nurse added 15 points, Matt Lander 14 and Tommie Tyler 11 for Western Illinois, which raised its home record to 6-3.
David Perez led the Gents (6-11, 2-5) with 18 points, and Daman Starring had 17.
Western Illinois turned an early 13-7 lead into a 30-11 advantage with a 17-4 run and ended the first half up 37-15.
The lead peaked at 42-18 on Clark's 3-pointer with 18:02 to play before Matt Marseille's basket midway through the second half brought Centenary within 48-32. But the Gents could get no closer.
- Callahan lifts South Dakota State over Western Illinois in OT Mar 7
- Leathernecks and Jackrabbits seek Summit League championship Mar 6
- Michigan holds off Western Illinois Nov 18
- Leathernecks seek upset of 17th-ranked Wolverines Nov 17
- Glenn leads IUPUI over Western Illinois 77-68 Mar 7
- Baker hits 31 in finale, Southern Utah wins 70-67 Feb 28
- North Dakota State pulls out overtime win, 63-59 Feb 27
- Couisnard, McKinney-Jones lead UMKC to 83-69 win Feb 25
- South Dakota State stymies Western Illinois 66-53 Feb 25
- Clark propels Western Illinois over UMKC 64-59 Feb 20
- Lander, Western Illinois drop Southern Utah 63-49 Feb 18
- Ford gives Oral Roberts spark in 76-56 victory Feb 16