Butler steams past Cleveland State 64-55Jan 15, 2010 - 2:58 AM INDIANAPOLIS(AP) -- Willie Veasley scored 16 points and Shelvin Mack added 15 to lead Butler to a 64-55 win over Cleveland State on Thursday night.
The Bulldogs (13-4, 6-0 Horizon) remained undefeated at home this season. They scored half their points inside the paint, and put in 20 off of turnovers.
Veasley's scoring tied a career best he set almost a year ago, also against Cleveland State. This time around, it was his highest-scoring showing of the season.
Ronald Nored also tied his own career best with 11 points, a mark he likewise set last year against Cleveland State.
Jeremy Montgomery led the game in scoring with 22 points for the Vikings (7-11, 3-3) while Trevon Harmon added 12 and Norris Cole finished with 11.
- NCAA BB
CLEVELAND ST 55
BUTLER 64 FINAL
Jan 14 9:05 PM
- NCAA BB
CLEVELAND ST 31
BUTLER 30 HALFTIME
Jan 14 7:54 PM
- Butler basketball coach agrees to contract extension May 18
- Butler fills assistant coaching void with hire of Schrage May 12
- Butler adds graduate transfer Avery Woodson to roster Apr 25
- Butler partners with bone marrow registry in Smith's honor Mar 18
- Shut out of NCAA games, Butler's mascot hard at work outside Mar 18
- No. 1 seed Virginia prepares for 2nd-round test from Butler Mar 18
- Smith leads 5th school to NCAAs as Texas Tech faces Butler Mar 16
- Emotional season helps Butler finds its way to NCAA tourney Mar 15
- No. 16 Providence rallies late, downs No. 18 Butler 71-68 Jan 19
- No. 24 Butler changing script with more offensive power Nov 9
- Butler gives Holtmann contract extension Mar 30
- Notre Dame needs OT to beat Butler Mar 22