Benson leads Oakland, Mich., past UMKC 87-73Jan 15, 2010 - 2:25 AM ROCHESTER, Mich.(AP) -- Keith Benson's double-double helped Oakland, Mich., defeat UMKC 87-73 on Thursday night and stay perfect in the Summit League.
Benson scored 22 points, going 5-for-5 from the floor and 12-for-14 from the line, and grabbed 13 rebounds for the Golden Grizzlies (12-7, 6-0), who stretched their winning streak to six games and their league streak to 13.
Ledrick Eackles scored 20 points and Johnathon Jones had 13 points and 12 assists in his third double-double.
Spencer Johnson scored 17 to pace the Kangaroos (8-8, 2-3). Kirk Korver added a career-high 15, and Trey McKinney-Jones matched him.
Oakland was outscored 66-59 from the field but made 28 of 33 free throws to 7 of 13 for the Kangaroos.
The Golden Grizzlies were up 55-51 with 9:50 to go when Jones hit a 3-pointer to kick off a 10-0 run. The gap never dropped below seven the rest of the way.
- Oakland University agrees to 3-year, $864K deal with Kampe Apr 11
- Oakland U's Kay Felder hires agent, will stay in draft Apr 8
- Oakland's Felder declares for draft, has not hired agent Apr 5
- Oakland beats Robert Morris 92-74 behind Hooper Dec 5
- Wells helps No. 15 Maryland beat Oakland Dec 27
- Terps close out non-conference slate against Grizzlies Dec 27
- No. 3 Arizona routs Oakland Dec 17
- Oakland hits road seeking upset of No. 3 Arizona Dec 16
- No. 14 Iowa State coasts to win over UMKC Dec 10
- Kangaroos hoping to bounce past 14th-ranked Cyclones Dec 9
- Niang guides Iowa State over Oakland Nov 15
- Oakland pays visit to No. 14 Iowa State Nov 14