Jacksonville beats Lipscomb 79-73Jan 15, 2010 - 3:26 AM JACKSONVILLE, Fla.(AP) -- Ben Smith scored 22 points and Ayron Hardy added 20 as Jacksonville beat Lipscomb 79-73 on Thursday night.
Lehmon Colbert added 13 points for the Dolphins (7-8, 4-3 Atlantic Sun Conference), who have won four in a row and six of their last seven.
The Dolphins took an 11-point lead at halftime and hung on for the win despite being outscored 49-44 by the Bisons in the second half.
Jacksonville dominated the Bisons in the paint, outscoring them 45-28. The Dolphins also scored 24 points off of 20 Lipscomb turnovers.
Adnan Hodzic led the Bisons (8-8, 5-2) with 24 points and Jordan Burgason added 21, including going 7-for-9 on 3-pointers. Lipscomb finished 10-for-25 from long range (40 percent).
The Dolphins were 7-for-16 on 3-point attempts (43.8 percent), as Smith and Hardy hit three apiece.
- NCAA BB
JACKSONVILLE 79 FINAL
Jan 14 9:17 PM
- NCAA BB
JACKSONVILLE 35 HALFTIME
Jan 14 8:17 PM
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Former Jacksonville basketball standout Morgan dies at 67 Jan 15
- Lipscomb junior guard Williams out for season with torn ACL Dec 15
- Lipscomb beats NAIA Cumberland (Tenn.) 83-53 Dec 10
- Jacksonville takes down Thomas (Ga) 92-64 Nov 23
- No. 9 Texas crushes Lipscomb Dec 17
- Bison battle Longhorns in non-conference fray Dec 16
- Legendary basketball coach Don Meyer dies May 18
- Jacksonville turns to Jasick Apr 9
- No. 15 Florida cruises past Jacksonville Nov 25
- Sunshine State melee pits Gators against Dolphins Nov 25
- Alexander leaves Stetson to take Lipscomb job May 18