College of Charleston beats Samford 78-67Jan 15, 2010 - 4:49 AM BIRMINGHAM, Ala.(AP) -- Andrew Goudelock scored 23 points and Donavan Monroe added 21, leading the College of Charleston past Samford 78-67 on Thursday night to keep its undefeated Southern Conference record intact.
Casaan Breeden chipped in with 17 points for the Cougars (10-6, 5-0), who have won four straight games. Goudelock hit five 3-pointers and Monroe added three more for the Cougars, who finished 12-for-26 from beyond the arc (46.2 percent).
The Bulldogs were just 8-for-28 from long range (28.6 percent).
The Cougars outscored the Bulldogs 18-8 on second-chance points, and netted 13 points off of seven Samford turnovers.
Bryan Friday paced the Bulldogs (7-9, 1-3) with 14 points while Josh Bedwell, Josh Davis and Trey Montgomery had 11 points apiece.
The Cougars led by six at halftime and outscored the Bulldogs 42-37 in the second half.
- Samford coach Padgett signs 4-year extension Mar 6
- West Virginia routs College of Charleston Nov 30
- Cougars hit road to challenge 21st-ranked Mountaineers Nov 29
- No. 17 UConn fends off Charleston Nov 20
- Huskies take on Cougars in Puerto Rico Tip-Off Nov 20
- College of Charleston fires Wojcik Aug 5
- Samford tabs Padgett new head coach Jun 6
- Louisville takes care of business in season opener Nov 9
- Defending champion Cardinals open campaign against Cougars Nov 9
- Brooks leads Davidson to another SoCon title Mar 12
- Cat fight in SoCon title game has Charleston battling Davidson Mar 11
- Louisville has easy time with College of Charleston Dec 5