William & Mary beats Hofstra 73-66Jan 17, 2010 - 2:56 AM WILLIAMSBURG, Va.(AP) -- Quinn McDowell and David Schneider scored 22 points apiece, leading William & Mary past Hofstra 73-66 on Saturday night.
The game went back and forth until William & Mary pulled ahead on a pair of McDowell free throws with 4:47 left, and increased it to 63-58 on McDowell's layup just over a minute later.
Charles Jenkins went 2-for-2 from the free throw line to pull Hofstra within three, but McDowell and Schneider hit a combined nine foul shots to seal it for the Tribe down the stretch.
Steven Hess added 12 points for the Tribe (14-3, 6-1 Colonial Athletic Conference), who shot 51.1 percent from the floor (24-for-47).
Jenkins scored 19 to lead the Pride (9-10, 2-5), who shot 37.5 percent (24-for-64).
The Tribe, who have won four straight, kept pace in a three-way tie with George Mason and Northeastern atop the CAA.
- NCAA BB
WILLIAM & MARY 73 FINAL
Jan 16 9:07 PM
- NCAA BB
WILLIAM & MARY 37 HALFTIME
Jan 16 7:57 PM
- Hofstra, Mihalich agree to extension Apr 29
- Hofstra's Nichols to miss rest of season Jan 26
- Hofstra's rise close to being complete Oct 22
- Hofstra coach Mihalich agrees to extension Jun 1
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- Tokoto, No. 19 UNC drop William & Mary Dec 30
- New-look Gators pound William & Mary Nov 15
- Tribe visit seventh-ranked Gators to tip off season Nov 14
- Delaware edges William & Mary for CAA title Mar 11
- Tribe and Hens square off in CAA title tilt Mar 10
- SMU-Hofstra game postponed Dec 6