Oakland, Mich., crushes Southern Utah 99-53Jan 17, 2010 - 1:23 AM ROCHESTER, Mich.(AP) -- Larry Wright scored 18 points and Oakland, Mich., shot 52.3 percent in a 99-53 rout of Southern Utah on Saturday night.
Derick Nelson had 13 points, Keith Benson 12 and Johnathon Jones 10 for the Golden Grizzlies (13-7, 7-0 Summit League), who ran their winning streak to seven games and their conference streak to 14. Jones added a game-high nine assists.
Oakland made 34 baskets; Southern Utah took only 37 shots.
Davis Baker scored 10 points for the Thunderbirds (5-13, 1-6), who committed 26 turnovers and suffered their worst loss ever in a Summit League game.
Oakland sprinted to a 13-0 lead behind Wright's five points. The Golden Grizzlies kept up the pressure, forging ahead 24-4 and 45-17 before leading 50-21 at intermission.
Matt Hodgson dunked the ball to cut the deficit to 29 points at 63-34 with 12:39 left, and Southern Utah never got closer.
- NCAA BB
SOUTHERN UTAH 53
OAKLAND 99 FINAL
Jan 16 8:00 PM
- NCAA BB
SOUTHERN UTAH 21
OAKLAND 50 HALFTIME
Jan 16 6:56 PM
- Oakland University agrees to 3-year, $864K deal with Kampe Apr 11
- Oakland U's Kay Felder hires agent, will stay in draft Apr 8
- Oakland's Felder declares for draft, has not hired agent Apr 5
- Saint Mary's rolls over Southern Utah 92-36 Dec 17
- Oakland beats Robert Morris 92-74 behind Hooper Dec 5
- Wells helps No. 15 Maryland beat Oakland Dec 27
- Terps close out non-conference slate against Grizzlies Dec 27
- No. 3 Arizona routs Oakland Dec 17
- Oakland hits road seeking upset of No. 3 Arizona Dec 16
- Niang guides Iowa State over Oakland Nov 15
- Oakland pays visit to No. 14 Iowa State Nov 14
- Oakland's Bader sets NCAA 3-point mark Feb 2