N.C.-Asheville 74, Liberty 70Jan 17, 2010 - 4:02 AM LYNCHBURG, Va. (AP) -- Matt Dickey scored 22 points to lead North Carolina-Asheville to a 74-70 victory over Liberty on Saturday night.
Dickey also had six assists for the Bulldogs (5-12, 3-4 Big South Conference). John Williams and Jaron Lane chipped in with 12 points apiece.
A layup from Lane gave UNC-Asheville a 67-59 lead with 3:50 remaining in the second half.
The Flames (9-10, 4-3) responded with a 9-2 run to cut the Bulldogs' lead to 69-68 with 18 seconds left, but Evan Gordon missed the last of three free throws that would have tied the game.
Gordon got his own rebound off the missed free throw, but missed the ensuing layup. The Bulldogs then made 5 of 6 free throws to end the game and clinch the win.
Patrick Konan finished with 18 points and nine rebounds to lead Liberty. Jeremy Anderson added 15 points.
- NCAA BB
UNC ASHEVILLE 74
LIBERTY 70 FINAL
Jan 16 9:01 PM
- NCAA BB
UNC ASHEVILLE 39
LIBERTY 33 HALFTIME
Jan 16 7:50 PM
- Kemrite's 3-pointers help Liberty top Summit 90-49 Nov 14
- Parker and Duke beat up UNC-Asheville Nov 18
- Duke entertains UNC Asheville in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 18
- No. 1 Kentucky beats UNC-Asheville by 32 Nov 8
- No. 1 Kentucky opens season against UNC Asheville Nov 8
- UNC Asheville tabs McDevitt as men's basketball coach Apr 26
- Biedenbach resigns as UNC Asheville head coach Apr 3
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19
- NCAA Tournament gets underway as Aggies take on Flames Mar 19
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10
- Buccaneers and Flames battle for Big South crown Mar 10
- Thompson and Thomas help Buckeyes down Bulldogs Dec 15