Texas-Arlington rallies past UTSA 72-66Jan 17, 2010 - 3:26 AM ARLINGTON, Texas(AP) -- Marquez Haynes scored 30 of his career-high 38 points in the second half and Texas-Arlington rallied past UTSA 72-66 Saturday night.
Haynes was 11 of 13 from the floor in the second half, including 6 of 6 from 3-point range. At one point he scored 19 consecutive points as the Mavericks (8-7, 1-2 Southland) erased a 44-37 deficit and took the lead for good.
Demarco Stepter scored 15 points and had nine rebounds to lead the Roadrunners (12-4, 2-1), who had their four-game winning streak snapped.
After shooting just 30 percent in the first half, Arlington shot 61.5 percent in the second half. The Mavericks limited UTSA to just 35.9 percent shooting.
UTSA took an early 19-7 lead and was up 31-28 at halftime.
- Oklahoma assistant Steve Henson hired as UTSA head coach Apr 1
- Texas-San Antonio fires basketball coach Brooks Thompson Mar 10
- Elmore scores 23 with 7 treys as Marshall beats UTSA 109-91 Feb 6
- Loyola of Chicago pulls away from UTSA in 76-64 win Nov 14
- Longhorns fend off Texas-Arlington Dec 3
- Mavericks face tall task in meeting with Longhorns Dec 2
- No. 1 Kentucky routs UT-Arlington 92-44 Nov 26
- Mavericks face uphill climb in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 25
- Young, Kentucky top UTA Nov 19
- Mavericks face uphill climb in clash with fourth-ranked Wildcats Nov 19
- UTSA extends Thompson through 2016-17 Jul 26
- New Mexico State wins WAC Mar 17