Bethune-Cookman tops Maryland-Eastern Shore 63-51Jan 19, 2010 - 12:34 AM DAYTONA BEACH, Fla.(AP) -- C.J. Reed scored 21 points and Albert Abrahams added 18 as Bethune-Cookman overcame a 13-point deficit to defeat Maryland-Eastern Shore 63-51 on Monday.
The win was the fourth in the past five games for the Wildcats (11-7, 4-1 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference). The Hawks (4-13, 2-2) have lost eight of nine.
Sean Berry scored 13 for the Hawks, who led until the 17-minute mark of the second half.
The Hawks took advantage of the Wildcats' 1-for-12 field goal shooting to race to a lead 16-4 with 9:24 left in the first half. The Hawks led 26-13 with 4:06 left before Reed helped the Wildcats cut the lead to 28-24 at halftime.
Abrahams, who grabbed 10 rebounds, had a basket and free throw to give the Wildcats the lead for good at 41-38 with 11:43 remaining.
Behind Reed and Abrahams, the Wildcats produced their largest lead - 61-49 with 53.8 seconds left.
- NCAA BB
MD EASTRN SHORE 51
BETHUNE COOKMAN 61 FINAL
Jan 18 6:28 PM
- NCAA BB
MD EASTRN SHORE 28
BETHUNE COOKMAN 24 HALFTIME
Jan 18 5:14 PM
- Bethune-Cookman beats Trinity Baptist 108-54 in opener Nov 13
- No. 15 VCU beats UMES 106-66 Nov 20
- Rams butt heads with Hawks in Legends Classic Nov 20
- No. 12 Villanova eases past Maryland-Eastern Shore Nov 18
- Hawks hope to soar past Wildcats Nov 17
- UMES hires Collins to replace Allen Apr 8
- UMES, Allen part ways after six seasons Mar 12
- Kilpatrick helps Bearcats dominate Hawks Dec 8
- No. 11 Bearcats battle Hawks Dec 8
- Norfolk State earns 1st NCAA tourney bid by besting Bethune-Cookman Mar 10
- MEAC title up for grabs in Winston-Salem Mar 10
- Virginia cruises to 9th straight win Dec 27