Lafayette holds off Bucknell 61-57Jan 21, 2010 - 3:31 AM EASTON, Pa.(AP) -- Jared Mintz tallied a double-double, scoring 17 points and pulling down 11 rebounds, to lead Lafayette in a 61-57 win over Bucknell on Wednesday night.
Bryan Cohen went 2-for-2 from the foul line, pulling Bucknell even with Lafayette at 52-all with 4:11 left in the game. But Michael Gruner's layup less than 1 minute later put the Leopards (13-6, 4-0 Patriot League) ahead for good.
Gruner had another lay-in to put Lafayette up 59-54 with 1:10 left before Stephen Tyree's 3-pointer pulled Bucknell within three. But Tony Johnson sealed the game with 26 seconds remaining, sinking two free throws.
Gruner finished with 14 points for the Leopards, who increased their season-best winning streak to six games.
Cohen led the Bison (6-14, 1-3) with 13 points and Tyree had 10. Bucknell has lost five of six.
The Bison lost despite forcing 23 turnovers and a 16-12 advantage in bench scoring.
- NCAA BB
LAFAYETTE 61 FINAL
Jan 20 9:06 PM
- NCAA BB
LAFAYETTE 24 HALFTIME
Jan 20 7:51 PM
- Bucknell downs Robert Morris, 81-76 Nov 18
- Villanova trounces Lafayette in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Lafayette challenges No. 1 seed Villanova Mar 19
- Lafayette gets past American for Patriot League title Mar 11
- American and Lafayette meet for Patriot League title Mar 11
- No. 10 Kansas dominates Lafayette Dec 20
- Lafayette comes calling on No. 10 Kansas Dec 20
- No. 12 Villanova holds off Bucknell Nov 20
- Villanova and Bucknell clash in Legends Classic Nov 20
- Irvin, No. 24 Michigan rout Bucknell Nov 18
- Bison battle Wolverines in Legends Classic melee Nov 17
- Bucknell rewards Paulsen with new deal Mar 28