Rhode Island pulls away from Duquesne 75-67Jan 21, 2010 - 3:34 AM KINGSTON, R.I.(AP) -- Keith Cothran scored 23 points to lead five Rhode Island players in double figures as the Rams defeated Duquesne 75-67 on Wednesday night.
Lamonte Ulmer had 11 points and 13 rebounds for his fourth double-double of the season for Rhode Island (15-2, 3-1 Atlantic 10 Conference), which shot 60 percent from the field (15-for-25) in the second half.
The Rams also forced 19 turnovers and blocked a season-high nine shots.
Duquesne (9-9, 0-4) took a 47-45 lead with 12:54 left in the game, and neither team led by more than four points for the next 9 minutes. Rhode Island outscored the Dukes 9-1 in the final 2 minutes.
Will Martell scored 12 points and Akeem Richmond and Delroy James added 10 points each for the Rams.
Damian Saunders led Duquesne with 21 points and 11 rebounds. Eric Evans added 16 points and B.J. Monteiro added 11 for the Dukes.
- NCAA BB
RHODE ISLAND 75 FINAL
Jan 20 9:06 PM
- NCAA BB
RHODE ISLAND 35 HALFTIME
Jan 20 7:58 PM
- Duquesne overcomes poor shooting to beat Robert Morris 72-65 Dec 19
- Rhode Island guard E.C. Matthews out for season Nov 14
- Ferry gets extension at Duquesne Jun 30
- Hurley has new deal at Rhode Island Apr 2
- VCU holds on to down Duquesne Jan 18
- Dukes seek upset of 17th-ranked Rams Jan 17
- No. 17 VCU rallies to down Rhode Island Jan 13
- VCU and Rhode Island lock horns in A-10 tussle Jan 13
- Kansas beats URI to move on in Orlando Nov 27
- Rams butt heads with Jayhawks in Orlando Classic Nov 27
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska in OT Nov 23
- Rams butt heads with 21st-ranked Cornhuskers Nov 22