N.C.-Wilmington 74, Georgia St. 79Jan 21, 2010 - 2:58 AM ATLANTA (AP) -- Trey Hampton and Joe Dukes each scored 17 points to lead Georgia State to a 79-74 victory over North Carolina-Wilmington on Wednesday night.
Georgia State, which lost 57-50 at UNC-Wilmington on Jan. 6, snapped a five-game losing streak. The Panthers (9-11, 3-5 Colonial Athletic Association) shot 50.9 percent from the field (27-for-53) to send the Seahawks (6-13, 2-6) to their fifth consecutive loss.
UNC-Wilmington led 43-31 with 18:56 left, but the Panthers tied the score at 52 on Dukes' layup with 11:24 remaining.
Georgia State led 73-71, but the Seahawks missed a jumper with 48 seconds left, and 8 seconds later, two free throws.
Trae Goldston scored 12 points and Kevin Lott added 10 for Georgia State. Hampton also had 10 rebounds.
Johnny Wolf finished with 19 points, Chad Tomko scored 18, Fields had 14 and Keith Rendleman added 10 for UNC-Wilmington.
- NCAA BB
UNC WILMINGTON 74
GEORGIA ST 79 FINAL
Jan 20 9:09 PM
- NCAA BB
UNC WILMINGTON 40
GEORGIA ST 31 HALFTIME
Jan 20 7:58 PM
- It's David vs. Goliath when UNC Wilmington meets Duke Mar 17
- Georgia State's R.J. Hunter to enter NBA Draft Mar 30
- Xavier downs Georgia State, reaches Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Panthers seek another upset in clash with Musketeers Mar 21
- Georgia State upsets Baylor on Hunter's 3 Mar 19
- Bears and Panthers clash in West Regional Mar 19
- Georgia State coach injured in celebration Mar 15
- Georgia State makes NCAAs for 1st time since 2001 Mar 15
- Georgia pride and Sun Belt title up for grabs Mar 15
- Louisville holds off UNCW Dec 14
- Fourth-ranked Cardinals set sights on Seahawks Dec 14
- Georgia State's Thomas declared ineligible Dec 8