Radford rolls past VMI 109-91Jan 22, 2010 - 2:57 AM RADFORD, Va.(AP) -- Art Parakhouski scored 30 points and had 11 rebounds to lead three Radford players with double-doubles as the Highlanders rolled past Virginia Military Institute 109-91 on Thursday night.
Lazar Trifunovic had 27 points and 14 rebounds and Joey Lynch-Flohr added 17 points and 10 rebounds for Radford (10-7, 6-2 Big South Conference), which shot 57.7 percent from the floor (45-for-78) and had 49 rebounds.
It was the Highlanders' highest point total since scoring 114 against the Keydets on Feb. 14, 2006.
Parakhouski, who entered fourth in the nation in scoring (23.1), went 12-for-17 from the field and grabbed 11 rebounds for his 14th double-double of the season.
Gorkem Sonmez added 14 points for Radford.
Stan Okoye scored 23 points, Keith Gabriel had 16 and Hunter Houston and Ron Burks added 15 points each for VMI (5-12, 1-7), which has lost nine of its past 10.
- Samford tops VMI in OT, 92-85, advances in SoCon tourney Mar 4
- VMI introduces Earl as new men's hoops coach Apr 13
- Citadel hires VMI coach Baucom Mar 30
- No. 21 West Virginia routs VMI Nov 27
- Mountaineers continue run against Keydets Nov 26
- Asheville downs VMI for 2nd straight Big South title Mar 3
- Keydets and Bulldogs meet in Big South title tilt Mar 3
- NCAA punishes Radford for violations Feb 24
- Pittsburgh dominates VMI Dec 6
- Panthers and Keydets square off in Pittsburgh Dec 6
- Buford, No. 3 Ohio State handle VMI Nov 23
- Kentucky rolls over Radford Nov 23