Wofford defeats The Citadel 44-42Jan 22, 2010 - 3:00 AM CHARLESTON, S.C.(AP) -- Tim Johnson hit a jump shot with 1 second left to lift Wofford past The Citadel 44-42 on Thursday night, its sixth-straight win.
The Terriers (13-7, 5-2 Southern Conference) trailed 40-32 with 7:04 remaining before scoring nine straight to take their first lead of the game on Noah Dahlman's layup with 2:17 left.
Dahlman put Wofford ahead 42-40 on a free throw with 1:50 left. Cameron Wells tied the game at 42-42 on a basket with 49 seconds left, but missed on jumper with 25 seconds left. Johnson came down with the rebound as the Terriers won their eighth straight at The Citadel.
Dahlman finished with 15 points and Johnson had 12 rebounds for Wofford, which shot a season-low 29.8 percent (17 of 57), but scored 15 points off 12 Bulldogs' turnovers.
Wells led The Citadel (9-10, 3-4) with 17 points, Zach Urbanus had 11 and Harrison DuPont grabbed 10 rebounds.
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Citadel hires VMI coach Baucom Mar 30
- Qualls, Arkansas edge Wofford Mar 20
- West Regional action pits Razorbacks against Terriers Mar 19
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- Duke makes short work of Wofford in ACC tune-up Jan 1
- Second-ranked Blue Devils take on Terriers Dec 31
- Staten, WVU crush Wofford Dec 23
- Terriers set for test with Mountaineers Dec 22
- Spartans seek redemption in clash with Bulldogs Dec 22
- Stauskas, Michigan rout Wofford Mar 21