Idaho State turns back Eastern Washington 80-74Jan 23, 2010 - 4:34 AM POCATELLO, Idaho(AP) -- Behind a balanced offensive attack, Idaho State defeated Eastern Washington 80-74 on Friday night.
The Bengals (5-14, 2-5 Big Sky) were led by Broderick Gilchrest and Chron Tatum, who each scored 19 points. Also hitting double figures were Amorrow Morgan with 18 and Donny Carson with 11.
The Bengals' leading rebounder was backup center Rolando Little with eight, and Gilchrest had six assists.
The Eagles (6-14, 2-5) were led by Kevin Winford with 20 points, Benny Valentine with 16 and Jeffrey Forbes with 14.
Idaho State led 39-38 at halftime. There were 10 lead changes in the first 20 minutes.
The largest lead was six points by the Bengals less than three minutes into the contest.
- NCAA BB
EASTERN WASH 74
IDAHO ST 80 FINAL
Jan 22 10:56 PM
- NCAA BB
EASTERN WASH 38
IDAHO ST 39 HALFTIME
Jan 22 9:50 PM
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- Eastern Washington routs D-III member George Fox 126-64 Nov 15
- Eastern Washington's Harvey turning pro Apr 1
- Georgetown topples Eastern Washington to advance Mar 20
- Hoyas set sights on Eagles in South Regional action Mar 19
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- Unbeaten Huskies rally past Eastern Washington Dec 14
- Huskies seek to ground Eagles Dec 14
- SMU tops Eastern Washington to end skid Nov 23
- Mustangs hope to end slide against undefeated Eagles Nov 22
- Eastern Washington's Hayford gets new five-year deal Jun 13