Fouch's 29 points leads Drexel past Hofstra 75-62Jan 23, 2010 - 8:29 PM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Freshman Chris Fouch scored a career-high 29 points, hitting six 3-pointers, to lead Drexel to an easy 75-62 victory over Hofstra on Saturday.
Fouch went 10-for-15 from the floor, scoring 19 points in the first half to give the Dragons (11-10, 6-3 Colonial Athletic Association) an 18-point lead at halftime. They pulled ahead by 30 points with 12:51 left in the second half.
Gerald Colds finished with 15 points and Jamie Harris had 14 points and six assists for Drexel. Samme Givens had a game-high 11 rebounds - four on the offensive glass.
The Dragons shot 48.1 percent from the floor (26-for-54), while holding the Pride (9-12, 2-7) to 35.4 percent (23-for-65).
Miklos Szabo led Hofstra with 14 points and Charles Jenkins scored 13 points.
- Hofstra, Mihalich agree to extension Apr 29
- Drexel hires Army's Zach Spiker as basketball coach. Mar 25
- Drexel fires coach Bruiser Flint after 15 seasons Mar 7
- Hofstra's Nichols to miss rest of season Jan 26
- Hofstra's rise close to being complete Oct 22
- Hofstra coach Mihalich agrees to extension Jun 1
- Lee transfers to Louisville Apr 23
- SMU-Hofstra game postponed Dec 6
- Drexel can't hold early lead, falls to No. 4 Arizona Nov 27
- Wildcats set sights on Dragons in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 27
- Louisville breezes past Hofstra Nov 12
- Pride come calling on third-ranked Cardinals Nov 12