South Dakota dominates North Dakota in 82-64 winJan 24, 2010 - 4:09 AM GRAND FORKS, N.D.(AP) -- Jake Thomas scored 27 points and made all 12 of his tries from the free-throw line to lead South Dakota to an 82-64 win over North Dakota on Saturday night.
Thomas also sank five 3-pointers as the Coyotes (10-9, 2-1 Great West) shot 54 percent from the field. Tyler Cain got his fifth consecutive double-double - his ninth of the season - by scoring 17 points and pulling down 10 rebounds.
Roman Gentry rounded out the Coyotes' double-digit scoring by tallying up 19 points.
Travis Bledsoe led the Fighting Sioux (3-16, 1-2) by scoring 25 points. He also had the best shooting of his career from long distance, sinking seven 3-pointers.
Doug Archer added 12 points for the Sioux, while Travis Mertens finished with 11 points and seven rebounds.
- IPFW beats South Dakota 86-70 in Summit League quarterfinal Mar 5
- North Dakota sells Fighting Sioux items to satisfy NCAA Feb 18
- South Dakota takes down Florida Gulf Coast 89-81 in OT Dec 28
- North Dakota beats NAIA's Valley City State 80-59 Dec 17
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15
- North Dakota comes calling on No. 14 Oregon Nov 30
- North Dakota tangles with No. 12 Wisconsin Nov 19
- South Dakota names James interim coach Sep 7
- South Dakota's Tecker to miss senior season Apr 16
- No. 25 KSU turns it on late, beats South Dakota Dec 31