Alabama St. extends Alcorn St. loss streak 69-62Jan 24, 2010 - 2:27 AM LORMAN, Miss.(AP) -- Tramaine Butler scored 17 points to lead Alabama State to a 69-62 victory on Saturday over Alcorn State, which lost its 23rd straight game, dating to last season.
The Hornets (7-10, 4-2 Southwestern Athletic Conference) used an 11-0 run to take a 30-12 lead with 6:08 remaining in the first half and extended their lead to 42-22 at halftime.
Alabama State still led by 16 points, 61-45, with 4:54 remaining before the Braves (0-19, 0-6) began to cut into the margin.
Alcorn State held the Hornets, who came in leading the conference in 3-point shooting at 33.5 percent, to 21.7 percent (5-for-23).
Johnathan Boyd scored 16 points for the Braves and Ian Francis had 11 points and 10 rebounds, but JaMarkus Holt, who came in as Alcorn State's leading scorer, was held to three points on 1-for-10 shooting.
Ivory White and Byron Walker scored 10 points apiece for Alabama State.
- Taylor leads Texas rout of Alcorn State Nov 17
- Braves face tall task in clash with 10th-ranked Longhorns Nov 16
- Fair helps No. 9 Syracuse top Alcorn State Dec 29
- Orange battle Braves in Gotham Classic action Dec 29
- Pressey, Missouri rout Alcorn State Nov 14
- No. 14 Tigers set to pounce on Braves Nov 13
- Florida stomps Alabama State Nov 11
- Gators officially open season against visiting Hornets Nov 11
- Texas A&M handles Alcorn State Dec 1
- Aggies hope to avoid upset in clash with visiting Braves Nov 30
- No. 21 Cincinnati routs Alabama State Nov 14
- 21st-ranked Bearcats open season against visiting Hornets Nov 13