Presbyterian 89, N.C.-Asheville 99Jan 24, 2010 - 12:55 AM ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) -- John Williams scored 25 points and J.P. Primm a career-high 23 to lead North Carolina-Asheville to its fifth straight win, 99-89 over Presbyterian on Saturday.
Williams was 11-for-15 from the field, grabbed 10 rebounds and blocked four shots for the Bulldogs (8-12, 5-4 Big South Conference), whose 41-27 rebounding advantage helped overcome 13-for-21 shooting (61.9 percent) from 3-point range by the Blue Hose (3-18, 1-8).
UNC Asheville led 52-38 at halftime after shooting 63.3 percent (19-for-30) and increased the lead to 71-55.
Presbyterian pulled within 76-73 with 6:23 left after a tap-in by Walt Allen, who scored nine points during the 18-5 run.
UNC Asheville responded by pounding the ball inside. Primm and Matt Dickey, who scored 19 points, were 12-for-14 on free throws in the final 6 minutes and Williams had three dunks.
Allen led Presbyterian with 17 points.
- NCAA BB
UNC ASHEVILLE 99 FINAL
Jan 23 6:36 PM
- NCAA BB
UNC ASHEVILLE 52 HALFTIME
Jan 23 5:27 PM
- Murray free throws allow Presbyterian to top Piedmont, 69-65 Dec 19
- Okafor makes NCAA debut, Duke routs Presbyterian Nov 15
- Blue Devils take on Blue Hose is season debut Nov 14
- Parker and Duke beat up UNC-Asheville Nov 18
- Duke entertains UNC Asheville in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 18
- No. 1 Kentucky beats UNC-Asheville by 32 Nov 8
- No. 1 Kentucky opens season against UNC Asheville Nov 8
- UNC Asheville tabs McDevitt as men's basketball coach Apr 26
- Biedenbach resigns as UNC Asheville head coach Apr 3
- Thompson and Thomas help Buckeyes down Bulldogs Dec 15
- Bulldogs face unenviable task against seventh-ranked Buckeyes Dec 15
- No. 16 NC State squeaks past UNC-Asheville Nov 23