Laser, Eastern Illinois top Tennessee-Martin 60-46Jan 24, 2010 - 2:45 AM CHARLESTON, Ill.(AP) -- Tyler Laser scored 14 consecutive Eastern Illinois points in a 60-46 victory over Tennessee-Martin on Saturday night.
Laser finished with 21 points for the Panthers (11-9, 5-5 Ohio Valley), who broke a four-game losing streak. Jeremy Granger added 11 points, T.J. Marion had 10 and Edin Suljic grabbed a game-high 12 rebounds.
Ron Spencer scored 10 to lead the Skyhawks (2-16, 0-9), who shot just 27 percent (17 of 63) and lost their seventh in a row.
With Eastern Illinois up 4-0, Laser hit a 3-pointer, a layup and a free throw, a two-pointer and a pair of 3-pointers - all in a span of 3:55.
The Panthers led 35-19 early in the second half before the Skyhawks trimmed it to 43-42 on two free throws by Benzor Simmons with 7:56 left.
But Suljic hit a jumper 21 seconds later to begin an 11-0 run that sealed the game.
- Bulldogs seek to ground Skyhawks Dec 22
- Groselle, Creighton down Eastern Illinois Nov 26
- Panthers visit Bluejays in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 25
- Tennesse-Martin tabs Schroyer as new hoops coach Mar 21
- Tennesse-Martin hoops coach James won't return Mar 3
- Wright, Cincinnati down UT-Martin Nov 11
- Bearcats battle Skyhawks to begin 2012-13 campaign Nov 11
- Eastern Illinois names Jay Spoonhour head coach Apr 6
- Eastern Illinois not renewing HC Mike Miller's contract Feb 27
- Murray State remains perfect in win over Skyhawks Feb 4
- Murray State stays perfect with win over Eastern Illinois Jan 29
- Panthers come to Murray seeking upset of 11th-ranked Racers Jan 28